Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ponying the Ponies

Another riding day tonight! I planned on just taking Cocoa and Dixie out for a spin around the block...but we ended up going a lot farther!

First...in the corral they got a really good grooming session. The bugs were appartently pretty bad today while I was at school. Dixie was making such funny faces...what cute expressions this baby has. I cut Dixie's bridlepath. Fed them lots of grass and cucumbers! Their new favorite snack...especially Dixie!

Dixie and I played with backing by the hocks...she's getting SO light! Then backing by the tail...! Wow! I can't believe how quickly she is picking up on these tasks! Follow a feel on the front legs, picking up all four feet (just a good thing to practice with her...she's still a little iffy on her feet) Lead by the lip, Sideways towards (without a fence) is so light and fluid!

Then they got to eat and chill for a bit in the yard...before I took them out for their adventure. I rode Cocoa bareback and ponied Dixie alongside! They did so good...We even managed to do quite a bit of trotting on the trail!

No comments: