Thursday, April 2, 2009

Picture Day! Dixie's firsts too!!

Asking for the beginning of the Spanish Walk.
Dixie rearing on cue. Still playing with getting it more subtle. lol
I just love her attent expression. Me and the baby.



She's got some amazing draw..
Yo-yo back up.

Didn't get a pic. of her actually bowing..just the beginning of it this time.

Dixie mauling me with kisses.
Standing up on the baby.

Weee...jumping off!!

Asking her to move over and line up with the barrel so I can get on. She will usually do it all on her own now..I don't even need to ask. :)




Hahaha...she through in a little crow hop right before this photo!!

VERY FIRST JUMP riding!!! She jumps so different than Cocoa. Just catapulted over it!


Look at that TROT! :)









Cocoa pawing the barrel.


Dixie jumping the barrel while being ponied!


Wee......like I said..she likes to overjump by just a little bit! lol

Telling her what a good girl she is.


Playing the circling game with Dix while riding Cocoa.




Asking Dixie to come sideways towards and line up beside us. She adores doing this.


She loves attention.


And to rest her head on us when she's sleepy... :)



Well I had to go out and take some pics. for my next art project. Didn't get what I was really looking for though....the project is your waist down, so main emphasis on the feet...and what you put in there has to like define who you are. So..Horses for me!

Anyways..I got mom out there and she took some pics. for that and some extra pics. They don't go in order...

I saddled Cocoa up cause I was going to do my leg stepping up into the stirrup with Dixie's head right by us so I could get them both in the pastel I'll be doing. Which is pretty ironic cause I hardly ever ride in a saddle but I couldn't think of what else to do.

So after we took some pics. I rode Cocoa around and ponied Dixie with. Then I played with Dixie riding Cocoa and had her jump over the barrels while we were riding. She's been learning how to do that when we go trail riding in the meadow there is a bunch of trees cut but she jumped the little barrel a bunch of times!

Then I jumped from Cocoa to Dixie. Stood on her back..did some backing up..and a bunch of other things with her. We rode around the pasture she was responsing SUPER well. We haven't done much with riding lately. She was turning the best ever and following my leg. Cantered a little bit and she gave a little crow hop it was fun!! :) Then I got her to jump the barrel while I was riding her!! That is a first!! She jumped huge...I wasn't ready for that! :)

Then I hopped off and played with her just on the ground. Did some rearing, cutting, bowing, and the seven games.

Here's a couple of the pics. I'll upload more later!


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

1 comment:

Randa said...

Yeehhaaww!! You guys look like you are having tons of fun. And Dixie looks like a champ the way she jumps those barrells. LOL. :-) Brizzee and I are starting to do a lot more riding. We're going to a Team Sorting tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but I'm just going to ride her around, and get her used to everything. She'll be fine...if I'm fine...I need to work on that one ;) So, have you senT in your Parelli Auditions yet? I think you would pass whatever level you send it in for with flying colors! I did mine a few days ago, now we just need to find a scanner to hook up to the computer so we can send in our paper work. Have you owned Dixie since she was a foal??