Thursday, July 2, 2009

...And they're off!

Woke up a bit late today...Whoops. Stayed up too late working on a wolf woodburning. ;)

I took baby Dixer's out for a walk/ride! We boogied out and I just walked with her for a ways..the bugs were horrid. Then after letting her munch for a while I hopped on her bareback. We cantered a good stretch and then just walked, trotted, and cantered along the highway. She's pretty dang good about traffic! :)

We played with stopping..man is she getting on her toes with this. As soon as I use my seat to stop...she stops! That's my baby! Turning is a little harder for her to grasp..she's a little heavy yet. I need to teach her to neck rein..that should be interesante. Other than that..I haven't been focusing on riding with her that much..so for her to be doing this well..I'm super pleased. No bucks..

On the way back we met up with mom who was biking. So Dixie and I trotted to keep up with her...and then she offered a super slow canter along the road. It was beautiful. ;)

I'm so proud of the baby she's really growing up!

Trimmed both the girls today. That's 8 hooves! I had to wear long sleeves and gloves..the whole works because I didn't want to take the chance of getting posion ivy. Have it already and hate it. That took a while..and it was hot out today..of course..I should have done them yesterday when it was unusually cool out.

Brought the trailer up front again..the horses were whinnying like crazy...not sure where they thought they were going to get to go?!? lol

Packing for tomorrow..for Joans! I'm so excited to get to trailer the horses up there..and then have my girls visit with Ty, Storm, Cloud, and little Gabby! This should make for an interesting week. Cocoa knows them...but Dixie's never met them before. I'm really hoping Dixie and Stormy hit it off and romp around the pasture and PLAY! :)

We're trailering out and leaving bright and early tomorrow morning! :)


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: