Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pony Rides!!

Pics. from the last time the girls came out. My camera's batteries were dead so I wasn't able to get any pics. from this time.






Well Heather's girls came out and got to play and ride with the girls today!!

We first took them for a walk down the road then put the bareback pad on Cocoa and (little) Olivia hopped up and rode her while Victoria rode Dixie bareback. We led them down the road. Dixie was walking super fast at first and even gave Victoria a couple teeny tiny crowhops..but she did great staying on!!

Cocoa was cruising on the way home and Dixie was beat. They got to eat in the front yard for a bit and the girls switched horses and rode around a bit more.

Then we went down to the roundpen. I led them around on Dixie and they rode Cocoa around. Victoria could even get her to trot all on her own. They were trying to get Cocoa to back up and Cocoa didn't understand and kept giving them some lovely lateral flexion. It was so fun for me to watch since I never to get see anyone else up on her since I'm always the one riding.

Then I played with Dixers on the ground a bit. They liked watching her jump over the barrel. By this point Dixie was getting tired and sleepy since it was so sunny out. I had Dixie do the jump and stop and straddle the barrel, bowing, back up by tail and all that fun stuff. Then I showed them her new trick REARING!! She did so amazing. I got her to get up pretty high!! And she did it the first time I asked..! YEAH!! Oh..and I stood all the way up on her again...and even dropped the reins.

After the girls were finally done riding Cocoa I let the girls out in the pasture and had them run around a bit. Cocoa was doing some really nice draws and liberty.

Fun day with the girls. Cocoa and Dixie got spoiled with lots of carrots and apples.


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

1 comment:

Skinfaxa said...

It seems as if you spend a wonderful day. Great pictures and very beautiful horses. And the weather...enviable ;o)

Best regards from Germany,
Sabine