Monday, May 25, 2009

Dixie's Bike Ride

Back from ND! Kelly's Graduation...was a lot of fun!!

Took the girls out and hosed both of them done. Got all the dirt and grime off from the winter. Dixie's white was finally bleach white!! They got to eat in the yard for an hour plus to dry off. Put them back in the pen...and they still rolled! UGH! I cleaned manure...and then took Dixie out.

I've been having the girls come with me on bike rides. I ride the bike and they trot and canter alongside. It's great exercise for them!! So I took Dixie out today and she had a lot of energy sicne I've been gone. We did a lot of trotting at first and of course stops to eat the lush grass in the ditch. Headed farther than we've ever gone...the highway. She was a little wary of the traffic cruising by us but that was fine...till she saw the goats. She put on the brakes and started whinnying at that them. After she got over that we continued on. Then on the way home she would canter...and pull me! That was fun!! We were heading down our road...and a huge pick up went by and gunned it..on purpose of course to scare her. She was a little skittish but she did great handling it. Some people are such idiots. Then we ran into the neighbors dogs who came barreling at us. That unnerved her a bit but I stayed calm and everything was ok. Made it home and I had a well exercised horse!! :)

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of fun!! People are idiots...dont they understand that when you go by a horse you..oh i dont know SLOW DOWN? haha..guess not ;) Anyways sounds like you two had a great day!