Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dixie to the River and Cocoa biking!

Biked with Dixie down to the river. Even got pics..since mom came later and met us down there.

Dixie was being pokey today when I was biking with her. I was wondering if it was just because it was so hot out, she wasn't feeling good, or tired from yesterday? hmm..

We crossed the bridge when a huge semi went by. What impeccable timing I had. Dixie didn't blink an eye. That's my baby! :) I was nervous! It was a SEMI..I mean come on..and the bridge is not very big or gives us very much room on the side.

The bugs were pretty bad down at the river..and the posion ivy. Uh oh....I hate posion ivy.

She got to eat a ton of grass. Even got a little startled when some people walked down to the river and surprised us!

Dixie went right in. And immediately started splashing up a storm again...She loves to splash and soak me! She didn't lay down today like she did yesterday though! She still stuck her head under the water..past her eyes. And she blew bubbles too...I literally saw her thinking.."hmm..if I stick my nose under the water and blow...ooohhh...pretty...BUBBLES!" She did that numerous times! I taught her how to paw on cue...cause she just loves to do it. And she started doing her Spanish Walk..paw paw in the water. :) hehe It was cute.

We went pretty deep up and down. She kept wanting to go farther. When mom was taking pics. I stood still for too long cause something brushed past my ankle and it wasn't Dixie. I screamed...it totally freaked me out. We were down for the day after that...I've gotten leeches from that river..and see fish up upstream all the time! Yikes!

It was a fun river day especially since it was so HOT out! Dixie totally cracked me up with her antics. She's so silly.

We biked home and she got to eat in the yard for a while before I took Cocoa out.

Cocoa was feeling left out..so I took her out for a bike ride on the backroad. We did a lot of trotting and cantering. She is so good about cantering right beside me and I can touch her and pet her while I bike. :) She got to eat a lot of grass. Then since we moved the trailer to the back by the backroad we did some trailer loading too!!

After that I tied her in the ditch while I got the wheel barrow and collected all the grass they cut in the ditches. The horses loved that...but I think I got poison ivy now. And I roasted doing that...it was so hot out!

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: