Wednesday, June 24, 2009

River Adventure

Took Cocoa out for a spin about 3 pm. It was hot out..and the sun was beating down so I thought let's go to the river and play!! Well we get there..and this is just how much luck always works; it gets all overcast. Always..does this. Well we just chilled and Cocoa munched on all the river grass. Barely made a dent in the grass there...it is so lucious.

Ventured down through the mucky bank on my side and into the water. It was so warm! Lovely! Wasn't quite as murky today as it was yesterday with Dixie. I rode Cocoa all around in it. She even had to swim a little bit when we followed it farther down. She was having a lot of fun. So slippery all wet though since I just rode in my jeans and swim suit. Then the bugs got to us so we continued to the road and to the trails. We made it to the warm up trail and heard some construction going on. They had HUGE machines in there to cut the trees and drag them. Cocoa and I kept going and she didn't mind them at all..I was a little worried we'd get stuck in there. We did quite a bit of cantering and I got her to collect. It was a very nice and fun ride!! It didn't even seem that hot out and Cocoa didn't seem to be overheating. We eventually turned back and went by the loggers and headed home through the river. We just beat the rain. A couple minutes after I put her in it just let loose and started POURING!

Fun day with Cocoa! She was happy to get out and about!

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: