Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Great Escape..


First off..I went out with the naughty munchkins who weren't so naughty in the morning atleast. I did a lot of undemanding time with the girls. And just asked for backing by the tail, leading by the lip and little tasks out of them in their corral at Liberty. Then I put Dixie online and just her play with some of the stuff that was in her little pen. I had her stand up on the pedestal...and she came SO close to getting all four feet up on the little stump. She tried so hard but she wasn't quite able to get it yet. Then we ventured over to the tractor tire which she definitely was able to get all four feet up on... :) It's a lot bigger that's for sure. She was extremely proud of herself none-the-less. Then I had her put her front two feet in the little pickup tire.
We headed out to the pasture. I had her back out of the gate..which she did obediently. We played around. Dixie had oodles of energy so that was fun to play with! We did a lot of the traveling circling game and sideways and playing along side of the fence with change of direction. She loves to do sideways towards... :)
After we got done playing....here was my first mistake..I decided to let her eat the grass that was just starting to peek out from under the melting snow. They get to do this all the time so it was no big deal. Mistake number two, I went to get Cocoa and let both of them eat out there. Which they do all the time. They were eating out there for some time like usual and I went in the barn and came back to check on them but didn't see them anywhere. This was not like them at all...they were just Gone. I was scared to death. I ran all the way to see if they were at Michelle's house with her horses, they weren't, we checked all around and they were nowhere to be found. The backroad was slick ice so I couldn't imagine they would take that. I was so devasted and frusterated. My parents were looking, neighbors, and friends and they still hadn't turned up. I took the whole trail I usually ride the horses on all the way to Jess's house through deep snow. Let me tell you that was a trek. Didn't see them anywhere and their horses didn't look like they had company...Eventually we found fresh poo by the cemetary...but couldn't make out where the tracks were headed. They went in BOTH directions. Darn! Long story short...we were looking around Jess's and heard Cocoa's piercing deep low lion roar whinny. (There is no mistaking Cocoa's whinny..it is definitely one of a kind.) And now went off to search for them in that direction..what a Relief!! Turns out they were a few houses down and they had found them sniffing their horses and put them in the barn. My girls were safe...with hay and comfortable yet Cocoa wouldn't stop talking and Dixie was pawing the stall. Little stinkers. We got them out and over the icey spots...and after a couple pit falls later I finally began to lead them home. After we got off the drive way and the ice I hopped on Cocoa and rode the buggers the rest of the way home. I was not pleased with their behavior today and they won't be eating in the yard for a while. They lost that for some time. I'm just glad they are home and safe and sound. They gave me quite a scare.

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

1 comment:

Randa said...

I'm glad you foudn them! I would have been panicking if Brizzee was gone like that! lol.
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~
www.myspace.com/naturalpaints