Sunday, February 1, 2009

More Riding

Got home from church and saddled ( I know amazing..I actually rode in a saddle!) Cocoa up to go out riding with Michelle and Ace. Amanda stopped by just as Cocoa and I were walking over to Michelle's so Cocoa and I talked with her a bit! That was a fun surprise! :)

Cocoa wasn't feeling it on the ride. She was really pokey and didn't feel energized at all, she didn't even want to race Ace. Hmm...we took the trails and did some trotting and a little cantering. Finally in the end Cocoa got a little more spiced up and wanted to go.

After Michelle and I were done with our ride I had Cocoa cut through the open field by our fence and was going to cut through to get to the backroad. I was having her do some soft feel through the deep snow and then just let her walk. She started nosing the snow as she was walking so I was thinking maybe she's thirsty because surely she wouldn't think of laying down with me on her. In the next second Cocoa and I were on the ground. She laid down! She's never done that before so I was kinda shocked. I quickly hopped off and she got right back up...I hopped back on and we continued on our way..

I took her on the backroad after we got back and cantered on it a bit. She was being kind of tempermental so we did some sideways, serpentines, and spins. Then on the way home she did a nice collected slow trot until we got in the deep snow in the yard then I let her barrel the rest of the way up.

I had a 4-H meeting so I went to that with Jess and then it was Superbowl time.

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: