Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cantering Dixie Pics...hopefully Video soon!








I hopped on Dixie and took her out on the backroad. We were walking along and met our neighbor on the backroad so Dixie wanted to stop and say 'hi'. Well then the little bugger decided she didn't feel like going any farther so I hopped off and walked a ways with her. Hopped back on and just walked along.
Then mom and dad came on the snowmobile with my camera. I wanted them to go alongside and get a video of one of Dixie's first canter. Well Dixie didn't know what to think of the snowmobile going beside us...so she was a little distracted but for the most part just snotty. Where as yesterday..she offered everything today all she offered was to back up. She just didn't feel like going at first and was giving me attitude. She trotted on fine but when I asked for a canter she would do this mini little crowhop it was so cute...it was so tiny. It made me laugh cause she's never tried to buck or anything and it was just so little. Eventually her energy came up and she had some fun. On the way back I had her cantering and mom and dad were going with the snowmobile in the ditch alongside the road and Dixie I could tell was trying to race them. My dad goes faster and Dixie speeds up. We were cruising!! I've never gone that fast on her before so that was a thrill...and I know she is competitive now too! haha She stopped when I asked her too just fine so I was really pleased. I hopped off and ran beside her while she cantered the rest of the way.


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: