Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hay

Picked up another load of hay today....total of 38 bales. I think that plus what we have in the barn and the horse trailer should get us through winter. :)

We went out 30 mins. away to get the hay..met Joan there and then went to her house to help her unload her stack. Saw Ty, Gabby, Storm, Cloud, and Mattie!! :)

Got home and unloaded our stack...and let the horses out to graze. Then put Dixie on the 22 ft. line that was frozen stiff..and headed to the round pen. Granted it was freezing out and my rope was like a stick, we didn't get much accomplished. Just had her do a little circling..the ground in the round pen was pretty solid and hard so I didn't push the topic of cantering. And something had dug a hole in the roundpen..so I had to fill that...lol

Did some sideways towards and bring the rump around into a back up! She learned that pretty quick..Pawing on que, picking up all four feet, backing by tail, backing by hocks. We did a lot of Friendly game and just some good scratching. Then finally we wrapped it up with a little Liberty of Stick to Me and Yo-yo.

By this time it was pretty much dark but I hauled everything up to the barn and then grabbed the horses and went for a quick ride down the road. Cocoa was just raring to go. The minute I swung up on her bareback she was like 'Let's GO!' Didn't even want to keep eating. With Dixie in tow we did some trotting around the yard. Cocoa was going at a good pace and ROUNDING her BACK! It felt great. Headed down the paved road...Dixie slowed way down..and Cocoa got in some beautiful vertical flexion. Ate some grass and headed home. The end!


UGG! I hate deer hunting season! It doesn't help that I live right by the trails...I can't go anywhere..and I have a horse that looks like a DEER!

No comments: