Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Chilling Out - PICTURES!

I went out and let the horses right out to eat in the yard...since it was actually SUNNY out! But...still cold. I was going to put their halters on when they were eating in the yard and Cocoa suddenly perks up..and just stares at something in the trees. I look too because her attention was just captured by something..and sure enough it was big buck! Good thing I'm not a hunter because my horse is good at spotting deer! So...we both stood there and watched it just standing staring at us from our neighbors yard..then it hoppity hopped hopped away, across the road and then the field to the river. My dad and brother were not happy to hear that!

I played with Dixie a bit. Brought her in the barn and did some more with pressure towards me...yielding her hindqtrs. towards me...just the hiney not full sideways towards. I want to have her swing her butt and then go right into a back up someday Then we did some sideway towards me while standing on a bucket for prep for mounting. Friendly time...she is so cute! If I just sit there she will start nuzzling me with her little muzzle on my head! :) And she's getting better at kisses too! She's been pretty touchy and sensitive about her muzzle lately but I think that's probably because she might be sore cause of all her loose baby teeth!

I groomed her up a bit...then we headed out and practiced some tying. That is one thing Dixie hasn't been taught yet. I'm a little nervous about it...because she has a tendency to pull back...if something scares her or just in general. But she did great...stood there patiently after she realized she couldn't eat the grass! lol Then we went and sniffed my brothers bright orange huntin gear he had hanging from a tree. She put her muzzle right in the baseball cap! It was picture perfect. Here's a picture of Dixie patiently waiting to be untied!


Then we continued on to the trailer. First I had her back up to it and just keep Zone 5 there..it was tricky for her at first and she got a little confused so we just took it slow. Then I stood up in the trailer and had her swing Zone 5 towards me so she was standing parallel to the back of the trailer. We eventually went to the windows....this is Dixie's favorite part!! She loves looking at herself in the windows! She just stares and stares..! Finally I asked her to load up. She eageraly put her front two feet right up and then we took it slowly..a hoof at a time and she checked everything out. Then finally came in and I still had hay in a hay bag from the other night Cocoa and I went Team Penning so she got to eat that! We just sat in there and chilled...she was totally at ease being in the trailer. I had her back out a couple times and come back in. Dixie is still a little wary about backing out...but our trailer has a pretty big drop so I can see why that is going to take her a while to get used to.

After we went back in their corral I had her put both feet in the little pickup tire! Then we continued on to the tractor tire. She got two front feet up and then she would lift the one back hind leg and just rest it there....as if to tease me! Finally she got all four up and she was so PROUD and TALL! She enjoyed nuzzling Cocoa from up there...she was definitely feeling full of herself.

Later on I saw Michelle and Jerry walk by so I hopped on Cocoa and went to deliver Michelle's belt buckle I borrowed back...Pony Express style! Cocoa was pumped...rounding her back and trotting collected! It felt wonderful. We cantered all along the side of the road...and she was doing a beautiful slow canter. Then I let her gallop down the dirt path...boy was that fun! I had tears streaming down my face because of the cold air blowing by so fast! lol We continued on to Jess's...cantered down their long driveway..but nobody was home so we made a quick detour to say 'hi' to Hank and Roxy..Cocoa's best buds and then headed back home since it was starting to get dark. I had to get off and walk since my legs felt like iceblocks...when we got home I had Cocoa load up in the trailer. Last time on the way to Team Penning she was a little iffy. Well..it was dark out...but she put two feet up right away..and then finally all four. We sat in there and she got to snack.

2 comments:

Randa said...

Your horses are so pretty!

coc_parelli said...

Thanks Miranda! Brizzee is just gorgeous too and sounds like a lot of fun!! :)