Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trimming

Didn't have much time...and I was just worn out. I ended up watching an episode of McLeod's Daughters just to have some chill time..and then I got the brilliant idea to trim Dixie's hooves.

So I go out and it's already pitch black outside so I brought her in the barn. Granted we only have 4 lights in the barn it doesn't really work so well. So I got another little hand light which lasted me about a 1/4 of a way through one hoof! Luckily I just found out by bringing her in the stall it was lighter in there. I had planned on just doing her front two but then decided I'm already dirty and sweaty I might as well just do them all. She did really good on the front two hooves. Dixie when I first got her had a tendency to try and just go down if she thought you held her foot too long and she was tired...she tried it once last night. The back hooves though...she was trying to rest so much weight on me so that got a little more complicated.

Finally we finished up and I did a little yo yo game with her in the barn, space permitting. Then we did some porquipine with lower your head and then follow a feel with her lip.

I also had them stand on their new tractor tire pedestal!! :)

No comments: