Saturday, October 18, 2008

More Riding!

Went out riding with Liz today! We were out for a couple hours, I took Vic and she rode Michelle's Ace. They were definitely feeling good and spunky because of the cool weather! Liz was so much fun to hang out with and we had a fantastic ride. Victory even got a little gallop in and a few happy bucks! haha He was feeling really good. :)

Then in the evening I let the horses out in the yard to graze around a bit. Played with Dixie in the yard just a little bit and then hopped on Cocoa and we were off to Anna's. Cocoa did wonderful. I just went bareback cause I knew it was going to have to be a short but sweet ride. Went over the bridge....and there was A LOT of traffic..and big motorhomes and motorcycles. Cocoa did great with all that though. We took the warm up trail and did transitions the whole way. I had her on a lose rein the whole trail and then for the rest we did stop, walk, trot, and canter off just my seat. She was being very light and responsive. We headed a little farther and got a good gallop in and saw were they were logging. Headed back and did some vertical flexion, sidepassed around election signs in the ditch, and then finally made it to Anna's. I put Cocoa in with Pip and Daisy and went in to eat. When we came out all three of them were eating from the hay rack! We were both surprised that they were all getting along so well..they haven't seen each other in a while. Cocoa and I headed back in the dark...not enough time on our hands apparently. But we made it home just fine with no problems. After the horses were all fed Joan came to pick me up to go to her house. The end.

No comments: