Saturday, October 25, 2008

Riding All Day!

Beautiful day!! Wow! I woke up at like 9:30 and it was just gorgeous outside and I had to go for a ride at 10 am! I scooted out and had to get Cocoa all ready. I decided to go in the Wintec instead of bareback. Cocoa and I headed over and met Karin and Vic and then we headed out. Ace and Victory did really good with being seperated, we were expecting Ace to throw a tantrum. Karin and I went out on our ride and the horses were feeling great. Vic was tossing his head and full of himself just like when I rode him last week with Liz! Cocoa was peppy and just raring to go. She did some really nice slow canters and collected trots. Not too much to note on the ride. It went great, saw one hunter, the horses had a blast going up and down all the hills, and we were out till about 12:20. So it was a good ride! Victory was pretty sweated up but Cocoa was even sweaty at all!! That's my girl!

Then I let Cocoa and Dixie eat in the yard. Anna came over for a bit and we planned when we were going to ride to Amanda's. Cocoa had to go out yet another time!

I hopped on Cocoa bareback and we ponied Dixie with us and went to meet Anna, Pip, and Daisy. We didn't let the horses get too close since Pip and Daisy haven't officially met Dixie yet. Headed over and chilled with Amanda and Matt and then headed out on a short trail ride. Dixie was really chugging along slowly on the paved road and Cocoa was again raring to go... :) Not tired a bit! We went past a spooky ghost decoration and my horses didn't even blink an eye..Dixie hardly noticed it was there! lol Then we headed down the hill to the trail. When we were at the bottom Dixie just stopped. Just stopped out of the blue....and stood there. It took Cocoa and I backing up a couple times before she was just like "ohh...you mean you want me to walk." lol And then she continued on. Silly girl. She was a little pokey for most of the ride I'm not sure why, Pip and Daisy were behind us so maybe she was just trying to keep and eye on what they were doing but I thought she would be bouncing off the walls since I haven't got to play with her in a couple of days. Stopped to eat some grass...swampy grass. I trotted and cantered the horses which they did BEAUTIFULLY! :) Right beside each other...side by side! They were being very well behaved even though I've never actually ponied Dixie with other horses. We parted with Anna, Pip, and Daisy and Cocoa was doing her Lion Roar...literally! She does sound like a lion and she roars...not girly at all. She was calling to Pip and Daisy and totally disregarded Dixie. So I used that energy to my advantage...she did an amazing slow very uppity collected sideways trotting! :) It was beautiful and felt amazing. Then we did some very collected trotting and I swear she could have almost had a piaffe. All the while Dixie just followed us with not a care in the world at a slow walk. Then we cantered and trotted down a sand 'driveway' and Cocoa was off her RB energy moment.

They got to eat some more grass...and then I hopped from Cocoa to Dixie! Dixie didn't even blink and eye. I ponied Cocoa from Dixie!!! It was so diff. going from Cocoa to Dixie. Cocoa looked tiny when I looked down from Dixers. And Dixers has SO much topline and Cocoa is lacking...so I can just feel the muscle underneath..it's so cool. So we went like that for a ways did some walk, stop and a couple strides of the trot and then I got off and walked them the rest of the way home. I was so impressed with my girls.

No comments: