Thursday, October 23, 2008

Undemanding Time

A little chilly out, I didn't have too much time, and it was dark so I brought both of the horses in the barn. I put Cocoa in her stall and just had Dixie roam the little area since the pickup was in. Fed them their grain and then I started to just mess around with Dixie a bit. I did some backing up and sideways. We didn't have very much room to work with but she was very light. Then I did some practice with the Porquipine Game and following a feel. She did lead by the lip and lowers her head wonderfully. Then I did some desentitizing with her mouth. I put one finger and she chews and chews then finally stops and I take it out...and we keep doing that till I can get a couple in. I took a look at her baby teeth again today...I think they are going to fall out. :0 We'll see! Then I introduced the bridle to her...because she was curious. I had been just refreshing Cocoa on bridling..Cocoa totally was good about it, she still grabs and takes the bit all by herself. Dixie got a good lick out of it but didn't know what else to think of it. :) Then for the fun of it I semi- taught her how to kiss. I would blow in her nose and she would wiggle her little lip at me..She got the hang of it!

Then I just groomed them both and they were both begging for my attention. :)

No comments: