Monday, December 8, 2008

Playing in the Snow

It was snowing even more today..and now we have a nice covering on the ground. The horses actually have to dig/scrape to get to the grass....winter has started!

I let the horses out into the big pasture to graze and they went barreling down there racing each other and having a blast stretching their limbs. I took my carrot stick and ambled out there to just do a little liberty with them. I knew they wanted to eat the grass so I didn't ask for too much. Cocoa was SO into it..everytime I would even glance at her...or ask Dixie to come to me or something she would come running. :) LBE tonight! So I had Cocoa do some close range circling and then cantering beside me. We did some back up by the tail, serpentines towards me, and then just ran around like crazy! I didn't want her to do too much cantering though...since it was Slippery already! ugg..

Then I did some backing by the hocks with Dixie and improving her draw. It's amazing how fast she picked up on that. She loves trotting to me all the time! We did some sideways towards, with a swing your hiney over into a backup! :) That went well...and then I had her run around a bit and called it quits and let them eat in peace!

When I brought them in for summer they were caked with a layer of snow!

No comments: