Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snow and Pictures




We definitely have a white dusting of snow layering the ground here! I decided to take some pics. of my wet, snowy munchkins after breakfast. They stood on the tractor tire but didn't both want to be up there together and share since they were feeling a bit crabby towards each other. Most likely the cold weather has got to them too! They were following me everywhere... (isn't that how it always goes when you want to take pics??)
UPDATE: Well I had a 4-H Christmas party to go to...so I didn't have too much time but I put Dixie's halter on and the 22 ft. and we headed out for a bit. Cocoa was so jealous. We played a little bit in the front yard and Cocoa ran around the pasture. Cocoa and Dixie are usually little angels when it comes to be seperated but Cocoa was NOT happy to be the one left out tonight. I did some 7 games in the front...then headed to the big field. We attempted to plow through the thick weeds and did some traveling circling game. Then finally made it to my old round pen area...there is a cirlce indent but no longer a fence up. We did some circling game with change of direction and just played around. She had a couple RB moments but for the most part we improved our draw on the changing direction segment. She got really pumped and we even did a tad bit of cutting!! Then did some yielding the hiney and stick to me. She mimicks my every footfall...it's fantastic! We ventured over to the barrel and I stood about 15 feet away from it and sent her too it and she got herself all perfectly lined up beside it and then easily sidepassed over it! What a good girl! She's got that down PAT!....Then I had her jump it..with one barrel it took two circles till she jumped it and when she did she Flew over it.. :) haha Just a little bit of an overjump! Then I stood on the other side of the barrel and almost at a standstill she jumped it to come to me! We stopped with the barrel and ran up the hill...and just cantered all around. She and I got a bunch of energy out..she was having so much fun but I was tired. So we went back to the barrel I had her line up beside it and then tied by 22 ft. into a hackamore and hopped on. She walked off after a bit and did a little crow hop..it was rather cute. I haven't rode her in awhile so maybe that is why? But I was happy...because she's never bucked or anything for me when I've rode her so it's good she got something out! lol Then we just walked and trotted around the track and she did marvelous stops and back ups! I'm so proud of my little 2 1/2 year old she's come so far!! Then we had to bring it in so I could go. Definitely ended on a good note!

No comments: