Saturday, December 6, 2008

Playing in the Round pen

Snowy and cold out yet again...it warmed up to about 10 degrees. Uggh!
I had the ponies out eating in the back pasture and when I called for them Cocoa bellowed out one of her loud, low whinnys! It was so cute. Then they came walking up to meet me in the other pasture...Cocoa actually put some effort and JUMPED over the log! :)
I attempted to scrape all the excess snow out of the horses hooves but it was stuck in there pretty good. Then I put there halters on and we ventured down to the round pen. I let them both loose and then sent them out. They were having fun together running around. Dixie was in the back first but then decided she should be up front so it didn't work as well as it had when I used the signals to tell them to slow down since Dixie isn't quite that far at liberty yet. We did some change of direction and a lot of trotting and cantering! Cocoa was a little reluctant to come all the way in..when I disengaged Dixie would come running in right away and be right there so Cocoa was Jealous? She seems to be acting a little like that lately whenever Dixie wants to be right by me. I had them do some yo-yo at liberty and Cocoa was pleased to stay with me when Dixie decided to leave...she did about a lap and decided she wanted to come back in! After that we just did some Stick to me...and I had Cocoa cantering beside me and then even did some cutting and got her to rear up! :) Fun Fun!

After that I hopped on Cocoa bareback..in my pj's! lol And then ponied Dixie around beside us in the roundpen and then headed out. We followed the back road a ways then went in the 'old' pasture/clearing and followed the 4-wheeler track at a trot with Dixie sometimes occasionally cantering beside us. Cocoa was even doing some really nice vertical flexion. Then we went back to the yard and cantered up the hill from the back to the front..I let them eat a little grass then put them back in the corral with some hay.

Went to Buca's with some friends for a b-day..so didn't get much else done with the ponies and unforchantly no pics. with them in the round pen.

No comments: