Sunday, December 28, 2008

Trail Riding!

Got up early and went to church and then made it home in time to saddle up and head out for a ride. Well...I guess not really saddle up since I just decided to take Cocoa bareback... :)

I played with Cocoa in the pasture for a bit. Just did some of the 7 Games, traveling circling game...etc. I hopped on and we cruised around the pasture and then headed down the backroad to check the footing which wasn't very good. We were contemplating on riding today because it has been SO icy! But I rode Cocoa over to Michelle's anyways and she went literally leaping through the snow on the trail there.

Cocoa patiently waited for them to tack up and we were off. The horses cautiously stepped in the ditch and attempted not to slip and we finally made it to the trail. Michelle was able to ride again so she got to ride Ace and Liz rode Vic! We just hit the trails and even got in a little bit of cantering and trotting despite the bad footing. I had Cocoa stopped and Ace got a little too close so Cocoa tried to kick her (naughty horse) then once we got up the hill Cocoa and Vic were exchanging death glare glances. Vic wheeled around and kicked Cocoa. None of us were expecting this out of Vic...my guess he was mad at Cocoa for trying to kick his Ace. lol Nobody got hurt but I had slid off to get out of the way and had a fun time trying to jump back on Cocoa in my slippery snowpants and many layers of warm clothes! lol

So the horses got out for a good ride and it was a beautiful day...Dixie wasn't so pleased that she had to stay behind yet again.


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: