Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pony Express

I picked Dixie to help me deliver Crystal's gift. She was being awfully pokey. lol We were trying to stay on the side because of snowmobilers and ice! The road was awfully slippery so we stuck to the deep snowdrift filled ditches. We definitely had a walk... :) Dixie did wonderful with all the snowmobilers that went by..didn't even blink and eye. She even managed to dig up some dried grass on the trail...Dropped her gift off and headed back home. About 3/4 of the way home I lined Dixers up to a snow bank and hopped on and off we went. Did some very fast trotting..that was a blast through the deep snow! My little baby is sure coming a long. She stops on a dime!


Cocoa helped me out today too, she was my little Pony Express Pony. We headed out right before dark over to Jess's. Definitely racing daylight going out that late..aww well we made it. Cocoa trompled through the foot or plus snow back in the woods. Had some good canters even though I was trying to balance riding and holding onto Jess's gift without dropping of breaking it! lol Cocoa and I cruised over to say hi to her buds Roxy and Hank and then stayed to chat for a bit. Cocoa was so sweet with her little sister who just adores Cocoa, it was cute. And Cocoa stayed halfway in the snowbank along their sidewalk because it was kinda icy...she wasn't going to chance it. We made some circles out in the DNR and had a couple good gallops through the snow and finally made it home before dark!



Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: