Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dozing Off...








I caught a special moment today of the girls basking in the lukewarm sunshine. (It was colder than it looked!)
I was watching them from the window in the house and was surprised to see Cocoa just standing there dozing off in the pasture instead of digging for snow like usual. Dixie too was standing there sleeping, totally at ease. I look a little later and what do you know Cocoa is zonked out laying down and taking a nap. I come back a little later and Dixie was down too. I creep outside and wanted to get pics. from the barn of them sleeping and hoping not to wake them and have them come to me...well while I was being slow and sneaky I saw something out of the corner of my eye.... Of all things and off all times a deer chooses to prance across the backroad into our yard along the fenceline and all through our trees. The horses were up in a jiffy....surprised by the deer. And the moment was over.
Cocoa spotted the deer




Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

1 comment:

Jo said...

How jealous am i of the insane amount of snow you have?

But yeah I've got a few tactics for liberty now so once I decide to brave the cold (because it is actually freeeezzzinnnggg) i'll go and praactise...

From what I've seen the catching game is brilliannntt! Except I haven't watched it all..and yep i'm slowly but surely making my way through the L&HB as well (just WOW!!) but with those, and all the new videos on the website AND the fact I really should be revising for important exams this year...

i'm not getting very far with anything :P

But yeah I just watched the hard to read horse demo, and yesterday I realised how often Olivia goes unconfident reallllly quickly, and usually I don't notice and just keep going..so lots of licking and chewing there!

So the new year going good for you?
Jo & Olivia x