Friday, January 16, 2009

No School!

Yay! No school for us again. Last night it was posted 2 hour delay..but then this morning they cancelled it for us! Thank goodness. Now it's like having a 5 day weekend since we get Monday off too! Gonna try and get my crafts done this weekend. And try and keep the ponies warm. I went out to feed the horses this morning and Cocoa was shivering a bit. Dixie had the blanket on so she was fine. I brought Cocoa in her stall with a bunch of shavings down and threw her cooler on, gave her a bunch of hay, and her grain and I have her beet pulp soaking now. Poor girl. I wish I had ordered that blanket sooner..but I just couldn't decide. The thermometer read -17 F in the BARN! It's like -22 F outside today without windchill. BRRR..

UPDATE: Cocoa is feeling much better. Spunky now that I let her out! I had them run around with me a bit in the pasture. They were rolling and having a good ole time. Then I was just scratching them. Dixie apparently had a VERY itchy neck. She loved it...sticking her neck and head way up and trying to lean against me while I scratched. Then, it was so cute she rested her head on top of mine with a little pressure while I scratched her. That would have been a funny picture.

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: