Friday, January 9, 2009

Moonlight

I fed the horses earlier tonight and then went back out to check on them. I opened the big gate for them and decided to leave it open for the whole night for them tonight. Even though it was like 9:30 it was still light because the moon was out shining brightly. Dixie was so cute she followed me all around the pasture. I would run backwards in the snow and she came running to me and then would wheel around and canter around. Cocoa was running too and rearing up at Dixie. Dixie was bucking and kicking out and having a good ole time. Then Cocoa ran up and laid down, rolled twice, and popped back up and ran around some more. Dixie was prancing all over the place and doing the Arab strut with her tail up high. (I haven't seen her do it before...but Cocoa many a times!) Then she rolled quickly just once side and lept right back up and came running back to me. Their little antics were so cute. They were trying to burn off their excess energy... :) It was fun to watch. I wish they would run around more together...they'll run with me and get started but I always wished they would just run around in the the pasture together just for the sake of running.

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

No comments: