Monday, January 5, 2009

Farrier Visit

Well Michelle called and told me Dale was over trimming her horses. So last minute decision I had him come trim Miss Dixie. She did really good and it was so cute when he grabbed her tail to look at her back feet she started backing up!! lol That's my little smartie! :) I was a little nervous about her feet..since she's young and I trimmed then last time. They weren't long or anything but he made then all pretty and she's all trimmed up now. I think I'll do Cocoa tomorrow. He said for Dixie since she toes out in the front at the walk and then is cow hocked in the back to take more off on the insides in the hind and then take more on the outside of the front hooves. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind next time along with everything else. I really need to get a new hoof rasp though. Even though its not that good Dixie's hooves are a breeze to trim since her little white feet are SO soft and easy to trim while Cocoa's on the other hand are practically as hard as rock. Also he said for Dixie's soft footedness...that I could use bleach or iodine to help harden them. That's a thought...maybe this summer.

Cocoa was a little pest the whole time. She couldn't figure out why it wasn't her turn. She bugged with his little Jack Russel Terrier Tator Tot who is absolutely ah-dorable!!

Then I let them out to eat in the yard for a while.....


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

3 comments:

Lina said...

Are your horses barefoot? =)

coc_parelli said...

Yep, and always have been. My farrier is a Barefoot trimmer.

Lina said...

Cool! It is my horses too, my father is a bearfoot trimmer also.